Old 04-07-2020, 04:05 AM
boeingdvr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Originally Posted by atpcliff View Post
Most people I have talked to think that all pilots hired since the acquisition of Southern by AAWW, will be integrated by DOH, so it won't matter if you go Atlas or Southern.
My suggestion for priority (this is also the order of salary) :
A 747
S 777
A 767
S 737
I don't recommend the S737, because the pay is so bad, but it is better than getting $0, like the MIA Air/TSA/Compass pilots will be getting.

Atlas 747 does a lot of charter flying, and you may do a good amount of pax flying. The schedules and days at home depend on your base.

Southern 777 flies to a small number of cities over and over. They are adding 777s when they can get enough crew to add.

Atlas 767 depends on your base. If you live in CVG and are based there, (and be senior enough?) you can bid reserve, and never fly/be home every day. 767 also has pax flying, to a lot of it to "interesting" destinations, due to a lot of mil pax charter. The 767 has a lot of domestic flying, and there is a freight hub in TPE for inter-Asia flying.

Southern 737...don't know much about it, except that you may fly for DHL or Amazon. I don't think they do any charter.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me. Note: I am on the 747.
The 747 and 777 is awful. You’re married to the Jet. Think Deadliest Catch crab boat.

If you would like your sanity and a little normalcy 767 for life!