View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 05:38 AM
baseball
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2013

Sure, Oscar and KIRBY will try a CV squeeze. But, the pilot group could work for free and it wouidn't help their business plan.
UAL will need to go out and secure a line of credit to run it's business. We've got like 140,000 employees- something like that? Does Oscar and Kirby want us to go out and get 140,000 separate personal loans, or does management want to do the right thing and go secure the credit they need to run their business.

The piloting profession at large has taken it on the chin since the 1980's (and in the pocket book). I am not being mean or ugly when I "this is just business." We all have a business to run. Management teams for the last 30 years have enriched themselves at our expense.during some boom times. While no one could have reasonably predicted the CV 19 virus there were signs out there that this could happen. It's management's job to prepare the company financially for bad times.

Absolutely insane to do stock buy-backs, and very reckless not to have adequate emergency funds. I have a six month emergency fund. Doesn't the company have one too? Is this any different than Jacque Lapointe blowing it on fuel hedging or bad investments in the A fund?