View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 04:21 AM
blinkpilot182
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: B767 - Captain
Default Atlas / Southern

Originally Posted by AeroEnvoy View Post
I live near ONT and am wondering if that makes a difference in quality of life? I'm at envoy right now and commuting but given the current events looks like I'll be at commuting with envoy for a while. I want to be done with commuting and am considering Atlas. Are the 767 schedules out of ONT more domestic? Are there any chances to spending more nights home during the 17 days of flying?

Living in base always helps. ONT is mostly domestic. Largely Amazon. The occasional international trip will come up. I’ve personally never been based there, but from what I’ve noticed it does seem like you end up back in ONT pretty often.

A few things to consider. First, we do have a gateway program. Commuting is about as pain free as it gets. I used to commute at the regionals myself. Atlas feels 0% like that. Hopefully we keep gateway in our next CBA, or maybe even get home basing [emoji1692]. Second, ONT is a small base. It seems to be getting slightly smaller in lines, and our last round of 76 upgrades all got CVG. So I would be a little hesitant to put all my eggs in the ONT basket. Third, there is no guarantee you will get placed on the fleet of your choice. You could find yourself driving the whale out of ANC, but then again, there is gateway.

Cheers!
-blink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by blinkpilot182; 04-08-2020 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Formatting