View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 07:27 PM
hdgbug
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by Busdriver91 View Post
It was specifically stated in the email from Charlie Wogast. 8/13 is a 33% cut and the 8/20 is a 50 % cut in salary. The pay drop is proportional to the amount worked.
I'm not trying to be difficult, however the letter from Wolgast did no such thing. The letter does not address compensation in any direct way. I understand the inference that could be drawn when it says "8/20 schedule (50% reduction)" and "8/13 schedule (33% reduction)". But nowhere does it state that these statements are related to compensation, it could only be addressing a 50% or 33% reduction in schedule.

Also, if we are talking about that letter, it stated that we were to receive more information on those programs later that day. I was expecting to see a better breakdown of the options when we received that additional information. That additional information never came.

While yes, I can come to the same conclusion that pay will be reduced the same amount as schedule, why is it seemingly impossible to have that in writing? Having it in writing doesn't hurt the company unless they are trying to hide or get around something. Not having it in writing gives them the potential of a blank check for what they can do to our compensation in the name of shared sacrifice. I've unfortunately experienced what can happen when the employees aren't protected by clear policies. I'm trying to chalk this omission up to the craziness that I am sure has been happening across the company the past couple days, and obviously there have been breakdowns in getting the information out to the pilots. But this is my livelihood that they are affecting, and I do feel entitled to a clear understanding of the way in which they are altering my compensation.

I am definitely grateful to still be employed and thankful to be in a position where a bit of shared sacrifice isn't going to be severely damaging to me. That doesn't change the fact that the communication needs to be better.