View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 07:15 AM
StainRJDriver
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by hdgbug View Post
We are up to 3 or 4 emails on the topic and they still haven't explicitly stated in writing the effect this will have on our salary. I'm hoping this is a result of an oversight, not an attempt to cut salaries and still apply for the bailout which prohibits cutting pay rates. I have pressed for it to be laid out clearly how this effects our pay, and I would encourage everyone to ask the question.

Maybe it's my history with sketchy companies, but this omission over multiple emails from different people makes me nervous. I sure hope they wouldn't be trying to reduce salaries beyond the reduction in scheduled days, but again we are paid a yearly salary, nothing tied to days or hours worked.
I’ll have to look through and see which publication is the one that said it, but I know there was one that did clearly say that the salary reductions were the same as the percent in schedule reduction. In other words, the 8/13 will be a 33% PAY reduction and the 8/20 a 50% PAY reduction.

One thing to consider is that many states are allowing partial unemployment due to reduced hours because of the pandemic. I know my state is one of them. Just another thing to consider.