View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 04:32 PM
copy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2020

Originally Posted by 9mikemike View Post
Problem is this....You merge 2 regional airlines with no domestic east/west network you still have a regional airline. JetBlue and Alaska are “cherry pickers” with no domestic network. Have never set foot on JetBlue or Hawaiian for that matter and hope it stays that way. If we have to go through another merger/acquisition I hope it is with one of the four Major airlines.
No domestic East/west network? What direction is NY/BOS/FL to SEA/SFO/LAX/PDX (and a bunch of other random west coast cities from NY). If you said no midcon network I’d agree. But one of B6’s largest network strengths is transcon...ie east/west. I’m not necessarily advocating for a merger, as I don’t care for the AS product or AS (lack of) scope, but if it happened, I’d think a midcon hub/focus city would be needed. But I think the east coast and west coast hubs would be just about covered, with a pretty complementary network. But maybe this just stays as an irop partnership...or maybe turns into a code share, improving each other’s network outside of the regions of strength. Anything is possible at this point though.