View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 09:47 AM
captsurf
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by maxjet View Post
That was also the reason for my response. Kalitta is no longer an “outfit” where pilots can find temporary refuge until their “real” job opens up again. I find it incredibly insulting that someone would think it was 2006 again. Unless the aforementioned pilot was a check airman instructor I cannot see where they would bring a skill set sufficient to offset the training costs for a short term stay.
...or because most, if not all ALPA carriers have a clause in their contract that “the company shall make reasonable efforts to fill vacancies who satisfy the hiring standards, who have previously worked for carriers represented by ALPA, and who are no longer working for those carriers for economic reasons such as lay-offs or the shutdown of that carrier”

Sorry that me wanting to find a source of income during a downturn and possible unemployment hurts your feelings. Just putting feelers out there, that’s all. Guess I’ll just go broke and default on my mortgage because you’re so insulted that I think Kalitta is the best of the ACMI carriers and I’d actually want to work there.

Last edited by captsurf; 04-11-2020 at 10:12 AM.