View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 02:20 PM
Cyio
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by But seriously View Post
Enough savings for what? They aren’t going to keep pilots on because they can “afford to”. No matter what RW writes in his emails, furloughs and cost savings are independent of each other. If there is demand to fly airplanes, they’ll keep pilots on board. If there is no demand, they’ll furlough. Paycuts and/or temporary leaves won’t affect that. They won’t furlough someone in Oct if they think they’ll need them back in May. They also won’t stay intentionally overstaffed for 2 years just because we make it a little cheaper.

For now, I think they are just trying to survive the Summer. They’ll try and assess long term demand trends after all the “shelter in place” stuff is lifted.
I'm sorry, but you kind of bounced all over the place with this statement and the way I read it, contradict yourself. We all get they are trying to survive the summer, there isnt any issue with that. What I was referring too was why pay 1500 pilots 72 hours a month when the staffing only requires 750 pilots. Would be better to pay the other 750 50 hours to sit at home. My question was I wonder what number becomes the break even point and if they have reached that with this 19 hour deal.