View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 04:21 PM
captsurf
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by maxjet View Post
Yeah, that’s it! Resign from UAL.
Look, I don’t disagree with any of the points you made up above. I could see if I came on here posting that UAL is about to furlough me and that I demand to be put in the first class, that would be one thing. But I didn’t. All I was asking for is any word on the hiring news there. You guys are hiring pilots, I might need a job. It’s a simple equation. The least I can do is apply. If the hiring department doesn’t see “value” in whatever I, or someone like me has to offer, that’s fine. But I’m pretty sure that’s not for you to decide, that much we can probably both agree on. I’d be grateful for whatever job I can get, as would the thousands of other pilots that could potentially also find themselves on the street. But, if you were in my shoes, would you not want to start with the best options out there? Would you not want to try to have the best possible outcome to the worst possible scenario? I mean no insult in my intentions- I love my current job, but hauling boxes around the world in an awesome airplane was some of the most fun flying I’ve ever done.

Last edited by captsurf; 04-11-2020 at 04:54 PM.