View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 01:49 AM
Slatsnflaps
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2013

Originally Posted by captsurf View Post
...or because most, if not all ALPA carriers have a clause in their contract that “the company shall make reasonable efforts to fill vacancies who satisfy the hiring standards, who have previously worked for carriers represented by ALPA, and who are no longer working for those carriers for economic reasons such as lay-offs or the shutdown of that carrier”

Sorry that me wanting to find a source of income during a downturn and possible unemployment hurts your feelings. Just putting feelers out there, that’s all. Guess I’ll just go broke and default on my mortgage because you’re so insulted that I think Kalitta is the best of the ACMI carriers and I’d actually want to work there.
If I may play devils advocate, in a bizarre universe when a Freight dog has been furloughed or found himself or herself without a job, has any "major" carrier accepted a mass exodus with open arms as a harbor during turbulent storms? I think not! Yet the arrogance seems to flow very strong from the other side. I believe it was not a month a go a regional was given the opportunity to interview under preferrentail circumstances and the carrier told the ACMI to pound sand out of spite from the union. Some have made their bed, maybe they should lie in it a little while.