Old 04-12-2020, 07:06 AM
mainlineAF
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016
Position: 6th place

Originally Posted by R57 relay View Post
No, it wasn't just a little harsh. It was overly broad, arrogant, but mostly ignorant.

I can't believe the things I've heard from some of our junior pilots. So many have no clue of what has happened in this business since deregulation. Many know little about airline history and how the current US system came about. So many have just rolled their eyes when those that came before them tried to share stories of things like US Airways LOA 93.

The know-it-all attitude amazes me. From initial training, to the line, to life through a crisis.

Seniority doesn’t matter when it comes to idiots. Please tell me you saw the post on the arena where the old guy said the VPLOAs should pay 70 hours. Company pays the first 55 and the other 15 would be paid by the junior guys, because we have had such an awesome ride lol.

It’s funny. When i first started at airways i flew with lots of 89 and 99 hires. They have had awful careers as you know. Yet almost all of them were crazy enthusiastic about how i had “hit the lottery” and will have an awesome career. You’d think of all people those dudes would know how quick things can change.