Thread: Hiring Stopped
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 08:45 AM
amcnd
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

Originally Posted by EELightning View Post
amcnd, I’m asking a question (not making a point). Isn’t there a math problem with eliminating most 200s/145s? I though much of the UAX 50 seat flying before cv19 was happening because the 175s were scoped out. Won’t the 175 fleet have to shrink if the UA mainline fleet shrinks?
honestly i don’t keep track of scope #’s and what happens if mainline shrinks. Reason... I've lived through 9/11 and 2008.. and contracts change all the time do to pandemics/downturns/wars... Honestly airlines were in full cocky mode prior to this March.. stock buybacks, trying routes just to try routes ect.. I do believe the 50 seaters will dwindle..but not go away. Most these city's will be served by a prorate airlines using multiple airline codes.. Shifts in this area are already happening. Look at MEI/PIB. Switching for AA DFW serves to UA IAH. All EAS at risk by SkyWest. You will see lots of movement in these types of routes over the next year... I predict. More “Waldo’s” (generic paint) aircraft.. And UA can “claim” they don’t have any 50 seaters. Because those flights are SkyWest Airlines...