Gets Weekends Off
Denny Crane
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Sep 2008
  • Position
    Kickin’ Back
Quote: Because they're target fixated and rolled the dice with "optics" after petty FA pushback because their prime directive hardwiring for a long time has been to avoid a FA union. I'm not sure if they actually thought we'd get in line for unpaid leaves by the thousands, or if they just wanted to indulge their sentimentalities. As silly as that sounds, didn't Ron Allen say he'd "take a strike" before he gave us the jumpseat because of FA (and other groups) jealousy?

I absolutely agree they need to go hard on SIL's for at least a month at the 55 hour level and then lower for quite a while. And an agressive early out especially considering international will likely be slower to recover. We can't do it alone. If they don't take it seriously enough to risk a FA union (that every competitor already has) to save the company then there's nothing we can do.
Hey! You're making progress!. What Ron Allen said and what he would have done are most probably two different things. Obviously we will never know.

Until the Company gets serious about these other ways to save money, I'm against giving them ALV reductions. It's as simple as that.

I've enjoyed going back and forth and thanks for keeping it civil!!! But neither one of us is going to change the others mind about this so........until next time!!!

Denny