Old 04-15-2020, 11:34 AM
DrJekyll MrHyde
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: Bus CA

Originally Posted by Aero1900 View Post
Looks like we are definitely getting the money.

I'm very happy to see that. Even if a portion of the money has to be paid back, once we return to profitability, it should be easy for the company to pay off. And as long as we don't take a pay cut, I don't care if a bit of their profits go to paying back the Fed

Considering that no one knows how long this disaster will play out, I'm happy to see us take the money. Im assuming it's still the 220 Million that was discussed before?
That approximate number of $220 million was based on payroll expenses from April through September of 2019, based on the language from the Stimulus Bill. So the number definitely hasn’t gotten bigger, and I doubt they want to accept less than the maximum amount. As I said, they don’t have to issue any warrants to Uncle Sam, so they just have some low interest loans to accompany the free cash. And I’ve seen the explanation that 70% of this grant money that doesn’t have to be repaid would have been paid anyway by the government through unemployment, ha, yeah sure! We are all lucky we get to ride a couple stops on the gravy train while joe taxpayer is getting a one-time $1200 check.