View Single Post
Old 04-16-2020, 05:55 AM
Cujo665
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Semi-Retired...

Originally Posted by flugenmachen View Post
Saw the following on an Ops Group Newletter. Can anyone give an on-the-scene account? Are flight crew being tested?

April 10 - Hong Kong, Hong Kong (VHHH)

"The Hong Kong authorities have implemented more stringent health checks on inbound crew and pax. There’s a health check at the airport, then everyone gets shuttled over to the AWE Exhibition Centre next to the airport to give saliva samples. HKBAC say the whole process takes 3-4 hours. Afterwards, everyone has to go to their accommodation for the compulsory quarantine as soon as possible by their own means."
Back in the day.... it was normal and routine for people entering a country to either have to bring medical documentation of a health exam immediately prior to departing, or to undergo a medical exam upon entry.

It's really only the past several generations and since mass vaccinations that those requirements vanished. I guess we now know - again - why those procedures were in place all those years. I know when my Mom emigrated to the US she had to bring letters from her local police that she was not a criminal, along with her medical records, and results of a recent exam just prior to departing for the US. This was from a modern European country at the time too; not Africa or other place perceived as having lots of virus issues.

Perhaps the old ways were best after all....