View Single Post
Old 04-17-2020, 06:32 PM
RemiDenton
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2016

Originally Posted by akfrtdwg 57 View Post
You’re actually incorrect. Just because a company is ACMI doesn’t mean sufficient revenue isn’t generated to pay their Flight Crews on par with UPS or FDX. But we are consistently paid less because people come here with a couple mindsets. They are ‘You’re only an ACMI pilot and not on par with Brown or Purple.’ And ‘I’m only here til someone better calls me so I have no real skin in the game.’ Both of which are insulting to the people that are here for the long hall. One, they just look down on ACMI pilots and two they are selfish enough just to come here and not bother to help try and make it better.

The ugly truth is, these companies can afford to pay mainline rates. If management couldn’t they wouldn’t be setting themselves up for major bonuses every time your turned around. They wouldn’t be paying themselves on par with mainline counterparts. Why is it they think they deserve equal pay but we don’t? Don’t fall into that ‘It’s only ACMI’ trap if you end up getting skin in the game.

I didn’t mean they weren’t as profitable but aren’t the margins completely different? Brown and Purple have trucks, stores, their own sorting facilities. I’m not sure on the size of AAWW, as I’m a newb, but ACMI based profits today on cheap gas dwindle when oil goes back up doesn’t it? Small world triggers seem like they can have an enormous effect on the overall game.

But again, I know I haven’t scratched the surface on knowing how much $$$ can be made. Just seems like the answer will be they can’t afford to pay the same hourly rates for those reasons.

(Btw sorry for the mobile misspellings)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk