View Single Post
Old 04-17-2020, 06:47 PM
akfrtdwg 57
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2015

Originally Posted by RemiDenton View Post
I didn’t mean they weren’t as profitable but aren’t the margins completely different? Brown and Purple have trucks, stores, their own sorting facilities. I’m not sure on the size of AAWW, as I’m a newb, but ACMI based profits today on cheap gas dwindle when oil goes back up doesn’t it? Small world triggers seem like they can have an enormous effect on the overall game.

But again, I know I haven’t scratched the surface on knowing how much $$$ can be made. Just seems like the answer will be they can’t afford to pay the same hourly rates for those reasons.

(Btw sorry for the mobile misspellings)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Depending on the contract. But Atlas doesn’t pay for gas. It’s on the customer. ACMI in general have very little overhead in comparison to a giant company like Purple or Brown that has to pay for all of their infrastructure as well. We just move freight from one place to the next for the most part. It’s a multi-billion dollar a year in revenue company. They hide how much profit they make with accounting practices and buying back stock. Again, they pay themselves larger and larger sums each year. Bonuses each year, our former CEO paid himself as much as Americans CEO. To turn around and tell any group of employee’s we simply can’t pay you that much or try to convince them they aren’t worth that much is absurd. Although there are plenty here that think. ‘We aren’t UPS or FDX’. Ask them how so and they can’t even answer. They just know that what they are supposed to think.