View Single Post
Old 04-26-2006, 06:07 AM
Ranger
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: MD-11/10 Captain

Originally Posted by RAC396
Hear Is your education.
Up or out was never a serious demand, it would not work with our wide/narrow body payscale. How-many people have ever been terminated for max training failures over their lifetime. Now we have train to prof. so the 1% who show up unprepared will have no reason to crack a book. Concessions? A cut in override for SO flexes,a further cut for SO SCA's. Pay for off station training from 6hrs to R day value, no fly days until the third month flexed to training combined with a new minimum number of hrs to fly. A provision to keep you in the training department past your requested date to return to the line, and withhold any passover pay they were getting paid. The things you say they didn't get they never expected. they were throw aways. The union caved, on sec 11, and now Mangt. is testing to see what else they will cave on.
Oh, so you're a flex guy! Now I get it.

Please. I would hardly call changes to what has traditionally one of the great ways to steal $$$ at FedEx concessionary. It effects a small number of people and is not life altering to the average line pilot. Show me something that blows the average line guy out of the water and maybe I'll get excited. And please don't misunderstand me. I'm not happy that changes were made that would negatively impact some people. But I sure don't think those changes make that section of the contract concessionary.

Maybe these "concessions" will blow some of the people that have squatted in training for 10-15 years out of the water. I don't think that's a particularly bad thing.