View Single Post
Old 04-26-2006, 06:56 AM
dckozak
done, gone skiing

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Rocking chair
Question By the way, what seat do you fly??

Originally Posted by FDXdispatcher
Not to burst the pilots bubble, but there are a lot of FDX employees that deserve and need a pay increase more than you.. You guys are kind of greedy arent you..

Well first I'd like to welcome you to the Airline Pilot central forum. I see you have four posts under your belt, can we expect to see more opinions from you about Pilot issues?? By the way, you are not a Pilot are you??

I remember a jump-seat I took.. I was so excited to look out the window on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon.. Leaving Memphis, the pilots decided to cover the windows with newspaper because the sun was bugging them.. So much for my view.. The only time I could see anything was when one of the pilots took a piece of newspaper down to read.. But what do ya know, he quickly replaced it with another piece of paper.. I got to sit there and look at the back of 3 heads for a several hour flight.. Pilots did not even offer me a section.

Let met apologize for the disgraceful behavior of one of my fellow cohorts.
Your not the first non pilot jumpseat to have an less than pleasant jumpseat experience riding on one of our jumpseats. One poor soul became so ill during their flight they threw up on the shoulder of the captain. I'm sure he too was doing something that created a less than desirable flight experience. Other jumpseater's have taken their displeasure on their free flight by eating the crews catering. Maybe someone else on this Airline Pilot BB could give move vivid examples of non pilot jumpseat torment.

Many people would say, so much for pilots working hard.. I know better..
yes we know, you've sat behind one
I know the pilot job is very stressful and you have a lot of responsibility.. But there is no way in the world you guys work harder or longer hours than the courier work force does.. Of course you know our hours, you've sat in our cockpit
You guys have it made.. You have your dream job making super amounts of money.......
Not to mention you will be hurting the future income of every FedEx employee.. The average FedEx employee does not deserve that..

Please do not threaten a strike.. Please do not burn more fuel or burn up your tires.. Please do not throw a wrench in the day of our couriers by showing up to your destination late (on purpose) because of a BS mechanical delay..

OK NOW YOUR GETTING PERSONAL, WE THE FedEx Pilots on this bullet board are professionals we know where our $$$ comes from. NO FedEx pilot is doing anything that will/has affected the operational integrity of our company.

In short, if you guys ever go on strike.. 99.9% of other FedEx employees will be rooting against you.. we'd expect nothing less

And dont start that "Well, if yall had a union" BS.. I dont want to hear it.. I deal with a lot of couriers.. And we have a lot of disgruntled couriers.. But I must say after reading topic after topic in this forum, our pilots are the most disgruntled group of employees at FedEx.. That is freaking ridiculous..
Well thank you for taking the time and effort to enlighten us and to share your jumpseating experience, that was most insightful. And as far as unions go, don't worry about us worrying about you. I'm guessing your a FedEx manager and looking out for your couriers is low on your list of priorities. By the way, did I remember to tell you this is a Pilot forum??

Last edited by dckozak; 04-26-2006 at 07:08 AM.