View Single Post
Old 04-21-2020, 09:00 PM
Das Auto
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
And you missed the fact that he was referring to the general population I believe - and I can see where he is coming from in his post.

Signed - a guy who has never even applied to the airlines because I guess I just couldn't cut it (but I least I have reading comprehension)!

Das Auto - you and I are often on the same page and I understand what you are trying to say; but with so many losing so much right now - it is hard for some to hear that the United pilot just went to 2/3rds pay for two months sitting at home (especially when that 2/3rds pay is still so many times more than they are making in a good year much less with their business closed down)

NOT for the NBA guys >G<, but a little sympathy all around and a little more understanding from all would help in these times.
I really feel for the 10 year expressjet F.O who never broke six figures but finally got hired by a major airline, then this happens. The huge cost and debt incurred from learning to fly and college education (for the majority that have a degree) certainly warrant the kind of frustration that Johnny jet prop and others feel the need to vent.
Someone once told me that a career in aviation is similar to a career in acting. Sure, some go all the way and make huge sums of money (Brad Pitt meets FedEx captain) but the majority don't go that far.

Regardless, I don't have much sympathy for someone who used to make $60,000,000 a year but now only makes $45,000,000 a year because they can no longer move a ball from one end of a field or court to the other in the name of entertainment.

In no way was that a comparison to the airlines on my part and I'm still baffled as to how some came to that conclusion.

Last edited by Das Auto; 04-21-2020 at 09:16 PM.