View Single Post
Old 04-21-2020, 11:31 PM
C17B74
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013
Position: No Hats No Jackets No PAX

Originally Posted by zerozero View Post
Yeah. Please, just don't. Change your uniform shirt if you like, but keep the jammies and slippers out of the cockpit. Be professional. Evac on the runway with the evening news cameras on ya, looking like a big doofus. Just don't.
Yup many do, you can fly in pajamas and when has the news really cared about true freight dawgs unless landing at the wrong airport which several have done, including mil (daylight hours.) Try to do it at night so you can sneak out and look for “those pilots” like everyone else will be, do your best crew chief/Mx guy impressions. I do like your “CP” vs Flight Deck reference as a true professional. I’ll have you know my crew comfort and plane come first, yup I crack myself up. Uniform looks great and snappy just like you during departure or decent, well maybe no tie. But then above 10,000 it’s time for bibs, and chill wear, galley works, dozing for a dollar or 2, etc. in true crew dawg fashion. Maybe a ball cap instead of a wheel cap as many do as well, but wait - my O2 mask... Been to chamber several times so I know I won’t pass out in mere seconds. No apologies for being comfortable.

Goinaround, if you don’t get your RIO on your next flight. Call me, I’d rather fly with you! Ahhh Hell, I do fly a plane full of rubber dog sh*t out of Hong Kong.

Last edited by C17B74; 04-21-2020 at 11:44 PM.