Thread: 750 flights/day
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 08:35 AM
CAirBear
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

You have to keep in mind, for at least the next 6 months, our salaries are covered by the grants. So our break even point is considerably different between now and the fall.

I flew mid 90s and 80s to and from LAX last week. My Houston turns have been averaging 80s down and 50/60s back.

Some flights have had a decent amount of bags below. Not sure how many carry ons we had, but I’m sure a few of those as well.

With fuel this cheap, I honestly wouldn’t be shocked at all to have a fair amount of flights break even or lose minimal amount between now and the fall.

The longer this goes on, a lot, of people are going to start resuming their lives. I’ve seen it in my hometown. Roads far busier this week than 2 weeks ago. Target and stores far busier. Way more people out walking around.

The recent study of anti bodies that people already have is incredible. I’m absolutely convinced when this is all over, millions will have had it (and most never even knew it). Mass anti bodie testing will certainly help.