View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 08:01 AM
GogglesPisano
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013
Position: On the hotel shuttle

Originally Posted by Speed Select View Post
Great. So we can agree that it will never be “safe” to get back to life. We should take reasonable precautions in everything, but life is always going to be a little bit dangerous, sometimes to the point of death. BTW, did I hear we’re getting the MAX?

Aren't we also closing field hospitals and send the USNS Comfort back to ORF? Sounds like we have a decent stockpile of ventilators, and N95 mask production is in full swing. The curve is flattened, hospitals can handle the mitigated surge, the virus weakens. What else do we need to convince ourselves of before we start crawling out of this social/financial hole?
I think we are of like mind here.

The Swedish seem to have handled this correctly. They have never been "touchy-feely" types. They are approaching her immunity.

Their immigrant population (mainly Middle East) haven't faired as well. Lots of hugging and cheek-kissing (including male-to-male.) Lots of communal food bowls and eating with hands. And several generations living under one roof.

That's a case study right there.

If this lockdown continues the cure will be worse than the disease. Our healthcare system was never overwhelmed. We can take the band-aid off slowly and adjust as necessary.

It's time for all of us to be a bit more germaphobic going forward. I've been ridiculed for being one for decades and I'm okay with that -- haven't had a cold in 10 years. I avoid handshakes. I use my own pen when I sign receipts/hotel sheets.

And if the virus returns in the fall, I say let it run its course.