View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 02:40 PM
Captainfit
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2019

Originally Posted by Mordi View Post
I wouldn't stay up at night worrying about current events. A lot can happen in two years good or bad. In the meantime be patient, be proactive and network network network! Don't be shy about going outside the CFI route either. Think skydive, pipeline, ferry service, towing banners or gliders, ISR, dropping fruitflies out of a King Air, anything. Those jobs are often more about who you know than your resume so use the slowdown to network!

I might rethink majoring in aviation. If regionals wait a year to start hiring, and then have higher mins for even 6-months to a year after that, then an R-ATP becomes much less important, especially if you do start instructing later this summer. Diversification only gives you more options not just for an economic downturn but also if you have medical issues in 20 years.
Good info, appreciate it! I will at least walk away with a 1250 Hr. R-ATP since I am around 30 credit hours of aviation course work. I have tossed around the idea of going a different route with my major. I am torn with that as I really don't want to major in something I'm not interested in, but my school has a very wide selection of majors. I'll continue to look over them. Btw, I would love to tow banners at the coast, that would be fun.