View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 09:49 AM
zerozero
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by Sluggo_63 View Post
You crack me up. We should be professional on the flight deck, so wear your uniform, but not the tie up. Why not? If you're going to be professional, be professional. So where do you draw the line at what is professional? What if your FO thinks the top button needs to be buttoned and the tie all the way up and he looks at you with your tie pulled down and top button undone and thinks "what a slob... I can't believe I have to fly with such an unprofessional slob."?

I'll tell you what, I've flown 15 hour legs with guys like you who keep their uniform on, and personal opinions aside, I look better getting off the jet with my mostly unwrinkled shirt that has been on a hanger during the flight than the guy who has had it on the entire time and slept two rest breaks and dribble soy sauce and coffee all over the front of his white shirt.

To me changing at the TOC serves two purposes. One, comfort, and two... I don't care if I dribble on my t-shirt and pajama pants or if they get wrinkled unlike my uniform shirt.
I was pretty clear from the beginning that I think it's acceptable to change my uniform shirt in cruise. And I do.

Where do I draw the line? In the company FOM, where it clearly states changing one's shirt is acceptable. Nowhere in the FOM are jammies, slippers or gym gear mentioned.