View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 10:03 PM
PurpleToolBox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Originally Posted by zerozero View Post
I'm a 15+ year 747 CA for Atlas. I've seen it ALL.

All I'm trying to say is, the flight de...uh, cockpit, is a professional environment and we should dress as such. That doesn't mean full uniform with top button fastened and tie cinched all the way up, but I think "business casual" is casual enough. Just because we don't work in a bank office doesn't mean we should be dressing like we're having a slumber party.

I have seen plenty of jammies and slippers and gym clothes at various points of the flight. But to your point, think about the UPS crash in DXB. First indication of fire was at top of climb. There would be ZERO time in that case to prepare yourself for an eventual evacuation.

I can guarantee you one thing, I will never be caught going down the slide wearing sweats, jammies, slippers or flip flops. Just seems like common sense to me.
Originally Posted by zerozero View Post
That's not the point I was trying to make.

The point of posting the video is to say, if one evacuates the aircraft in jammies and slippers, someone is bound to catch the whole scene on video for all of the interwebs to see.

Just speaking for myself, that's not how I intend to be viewed if, God forbid, one day it happens to me.
I couldn't care less what people think of me. I'll continue to wear my sweats with my favorite motorcycle, car or truck t-shirts.

If you want to be professional and look good in the public's eye, go to Delta. You can even wear the hat.