View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 04:23 AM
742Dash
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by jungle driver View Post
I totally understand that and wouldn't want anyone to share anything that is SSI. I have a 74 class date coming up and was looking at flight aware just trying to get a feel for the pax (not just military) to cargo ratio.
+/- 10% of the 747 fleet are passenger birds, if that answers your question.

There is no point looking at Flight Aware. This is not your normal airline. What happened last week has little to no bearing on what will happen next week. There is a lot of charter work on the 74 fleet, and even the long term customers will change the schedule on little notice. This is not like a regional where Delta/United/American have assigned a definitive schedule 90 days into the future.

My wife just walked in as I finished typing the above. She started reading this post, and I told her that a new hire was trying to figure out how much passenger flying he would be doing. She burst out laughing. "Does he know this is Atlas?".

EDIT: This comes across as a bit negative, which was not my intent. This is a very dynamic operation by its very nature. Some people like it, some people hate it.

Last edited by 742Dash; 04-26-2020 at 04:37 AM.