View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 04:21 PM
NeverHome
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013

Originally Posted by Tom Bradys Cat View Post
'Until we have confidence in the answers to those questions we are blindly betting on others lives'

This is the crux of the argument. I may be thick but I don't see how me going out is betting on someone elses life. Surely that individual should take ultimate responsibility for their own safety. Yer I get that some are immuno comprimised.......

This argument I feel is akin to stopping people driving on the freeway because it threatens other peoples lives. Its just wacky logic.

I am open to being convinced otherwise.

Oh and this whole right to life stuff is baloney.....everyone should read Starship Troopers. None of us are special.
Agreed none of us are special.

To address your driving on the freeway: yes there are risks however we have some very powerful mitigation tools. 1) drivers license, 2) rules of the road, 3) understanding of physics, 4) well engineered vehicles.

For this virus, we don’t have much. Masks and social distancing. Both are kinda weak imho, however it’s what we got.

As to the responsibility of spreading the virus: if you have it you can spread it. You can spread it to those who may not weather the storm. Letting people who knowingly have it contact others is immoral. That’s akin to an STD/STI infected person knowingly passing their illness to others. We would not tolerate that as a society, yet spreading a respiratory illness that can and does kill thousands, why would we think that’s ok?