View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 05:29 PM
KnockKnock
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by Tom Bradys Cat View Post
Nice previous post Setobug. Im in the open up camp but I respect your position, its rational and is to the point. However....and there always is a however....if an individual chooses to take a risk why stop them? I see people guzzling booze, riding motorcycles without helmets and chuffing down cigarettes.....do you impose your will on them? No, you roll your eyes as do I.

To the quote, the complacent west needs to come to grips real quick with the impending need to make a decision on data which is 'good enough but not perfect'. Heck the climate change gang has been saying it for years.....'make a decision on what we know before its too late'. Why is this any different?

Simply put. The sledgehammer has come down but now its time to refine the approach.

Oh....and while Im at it, you dont seem too phased about others loosing their career. In the mean time then can you flick me $100k? Ill be loosing mine soon.

Each to their own.....and that includes getting out an about.
Guzzling booze, riding motorcycles without helmets and chuffing down cigarettes are not contagious. If an individual wishes to take those risks and live with the consequences, the end result is mostly confined to them. However we as a society have taken steps to prevent an individual from guzzling booze and hopping behind the wheel, to prevent death. We’ve passed laws requiring helmets while riding motorcycles, to prevent death. We’ve banned smoking in bars, restaurants, airplanes, etc. to prevent secondhand smoke which could lead to death. This has nothing to do with an individuals willingness to accept the risk of contracting the virus. It’s about protecting those around you who do not or cannot accept the risk. This is a virus, not a personal choice.