View Single Post
Old 04-28-2020, 11:37 AM
habubauza
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2012

Originally Posted by climb150 View Post
Can anyone point me to evidence of person to person (not traveling together) transmission of COVID 19 on a domestic or International flight?

​​​​​​
I am also curious, it would seem that under normal circumstances the infection rate of people that recently traveled on airplanes would be really high, but I haven't seen any data showing that actually is the case. I know that FA's and Pilots have been infected, but how can you tell where the contracted the virus with reasonable certainty?

Here is what the CDC says about domestic air travel:Because of how air circulates and is filtered on airplanes, most viruses and other germs do not spread easily. Although the risk of infection on an airplane is low, try to avoid contact with sick passengers, avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands, and wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.

If anyone can point to data that could shed some light on this question, that would be great.