View Single Post
Old 04-28-2020, 12:29 PM
Turbosina
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Guppy Gear Slinger

Originally Posted by Excargodog View Post
What, their bad actions justify yours? No, I don’t think so. Not if we are talking about reality and not just dick measuring.

And there ARE NO No-risk scenarios in this outbreak. The shutdown is costing lives too:
So here's the thing.

I want to get our economy reopened as soon as possible. I run a small business (45 people) when I'm not flying, and my constant focus has been on keeping my business afloat. This shutdown is really hurting us.

Looking at the latest news out of Sweden, we indeed have reason to believe that we've overreacted here in the US. The data coming from Stanford and USC, if correct, would indicate that this thing is far less lethal (and more contagious) than previously estimated. Which would mean that a rational, thoughtful relaxation of these restrictions is in order, ASAP. It also seems clear that 'one size fits all' restrictions aren't appropriate. What's right for NYC may well be far too restrictive for rural communities with far less population density.

But most of the stuff I've seen from the 'Open it Up!" crowd can be distilled to:
• "MAGA!!!!!"
• "This is a lamestream media / Democrat hoax!"
• "Generic assertion of bravery/ superiority vs. the 'cowards' who advocate continuing restrictions"

Then again, why am I surprised? Replace covid with nearly any issue and that's pretty much how political discussions take place these days in this country.

Last edited by Turbosina; 04-28-2020 at 12:49 PM.