View Single Post
Old 04-28-2020, 01:24 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Well...one is a product of the legal realm and the other the aviation training/evaluation realm.
The problem doesn't even lie with the record - you could say it lies with the hiring department and their criteria.
That hiring comes in waves - sort of like pilot slots in the military can go up and down depending on the political climate and the defense budget.
At certain times a busted checkride will be a good story at the interview. At other times your resume/application will never make it past the screening for the interview.

To the OP - you have some serious work to do going forward I think - especially outside of the P91 industry where I agree with rickair - personality/networking gets you the job more time than not - not the resume filler past the minimums. But the fact is that you, in your short aviation career, have failed a majority of your checkrides. I think you will certainly have learned a lot about the pros/cons of those fast paced, train to the checkride, get in-get-out schools. They aren't for everyone. Slow down. LEARN FLYING. Get some experience outside of the classroom and you could still have a career in the aviation industry.