View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 04:24 PM
mimark
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2020

Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
For those that have been through the training or know people who have, what do most find is the most difficult or demanding portion of the training ? Is it the physical training at FLETC, learning spanish in a short period of time, or the flight training at the air training center ? Is there a certain percentage who don't make it through or is that rare ?

The idea of flying for CBP and protecting the US is of great interest to me, but I have no idea what to compare something like this to since I have never attended military or law enforcement training.
The LE academy is not that difficult. Not a big deal for someone who has been through all the training involved in being a pilot. If you have enough brain power and judgement to be a professional pilot, it is highly unlikely you couldn't make it through FLETC. Not making it through FLETC is rare and usually is a result of integrity issues, not the difficulty of the course.

Flight training within the agency is typical of what you have already been through. A vendor course for the aircraft you are flying (like Flight Safety) and then an in-house syllabus in the actual aircraft.