Thread: Lockdown and Civil Unrest Discussion

WutFace , 05-01-2020 03:25 PM
Banned
WutFace
Banned
close
  • Joined APC
    Apr 2017
Quote: I'm sure we aren't that different. Its ok to have different viewpoints and reasonably talk about them. Its what makes this country great.
I agree. Outside the scope of APC I'm sure most everyone is here is likeable and wants the best for themselves, their families, and the country.

Quote: Would I dismiss an officer dying in the line of duty? No. But using that idea of making him a martyr for COVID is thin.
Here's the problem with the scenario above. It's BOTH a rightful protest AND an exposure risk. So which takes priority? Casually dismissing the exposure risk of those troopers as "part of the job" is comparable to shrugging off gun violence against police. At least in a shootout, law enforcement can defend themselves. In this situation the MSP troopers just had to stand there and let those knuckledraggers infect them.

There's a likely possibility someone will get become sick and die due to today's events. And it may not even be someone who took the chance and went to the rally. It might be one of the state troopers. It might be an elderly bystander at the grocery store who gets too close to one of these unmasked rebels 3 days later. Or it could be an immuno-compromised daughter of a protester.

The point is you can't know the permutations of how this spreads. By the time anyone feels regret for how casually they treated COVID-19, it's too late.