Old 01-21-2008, 06:01 PM
ERJ135
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: CR7 Capt
Default Anybody have problems with Eldee 2 arrival DCA

Hey,

Just curious if anybody has been having issues with the Eldee 2 arrival for DCA now that it has been modified. We recieved an e-mail from the union stating that people are having issues with meeting the crossing restriction at Eldee 8,000 and 210kts. The issue has been the short distances between fixes. I was just flying captain who had problems with meeting the restiction and speed because they were icing conditions. For those not familiar the EMB, in icing conditions shows an increase of roughly 30% more power making it very difficult to fly this arrival. The capt said he had to drop the gear and spd breaks out to meet the restrictions. The union said they are having pilot alt deviations recently esspecially with strong westerly winds. I personally thought it was me, but after talking to the capt and receiving an e-mail for the union I was interested if any other carriers out there having similar issues. Here is the arrival for reference. Usually we come from BNA across BKW. So is anybody else having problems too?

http://204.108.4.16/d-tpp/0801/00443ELDEE.PDF