Thread: Overstaffed...
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2020, 06:59 PM
Itsajob
Banned

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by TheOtherGuy25 View Post
I think (and someone will probably correct me here) that for every X mainline airplanes parked, regionals have to park X number of airplanes of a certain size with the UA scope.

I’ve read SK is big on regionals and would like to get scope relief from the UA pilots so maybe his end game is to push for the UA pilots to allow regionals to fly more in return for less/no furloughs on mainlines end. Just speculation of course.
50 seaters can’t exceed 90% of mainline single aisle aircraft. 76 seaters are limited to a percentage of mainline single aisle block hours. Maxed out 76 seaters are limited to 68% max of mainline single aisle block hours. The regionals can keep the airplanes, but they can’t fly them past 68% of mainline single aisle block.

Kirby would love lots of things. The United pilot group learned some hard lessons in the past. The only way that the company is going to get concessions is in bankruptcy. Outside of bankruptcy the company is going to furlough who they need regardless of what the pilots give in concessions. When the recalled, they will come back to an intact contract.