Old 01-22-2008, 01:24 AM
saab2000
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006

Originally Posted by groovinaviator View Post
Hopefully Saab2000 will chime in on this. He had some good insight on it a few weeks ago when we flew together. I don't recall it being a problem though. Even it is a little tight I doubt a little planning ahead couldn't solve it... even in icing conditions.

Groovinaviator is correct. We flew it and it will be a problem for some folks. Unfortunately it's not an "At or Above", it's "At".

Plan ahead, read the chart in advance.

Yeah, the icing issue is a tough one. May have to slow to 250 way out and tell ATC of that fact. That way you can fly with power set.

I said when it came out that that arrival is going to cause trouble and apparently it is.

Plan ahead, communicate with your fellow pilot, brief it and talk to ATC ahead of a problem, not when it's happening.

Also, the yellow arc on the CRJ for icing and the Fed is ridiculous because you also get an indication of whether or not the wing icing is still on via other information. We are told that the yellow arc is advisory in nature and that you still have ice protection below it. That said, it is probably wise to stay in the green arc.

Still, that fed must be a complete prick.

But this is a good thread. Beware the Eldee 2 arrival.