Old 05-06-2020, 06:11 AM
flyguy23
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by ImmaAHole View Post
Cargo doesn't give your family travel benefits, something to consider if you use that. It seams most of my flying at an ACMI is during daylight hours, but changing 6+ time zones, it is irrelevant. Every year around Christmas, I get to experience UPS and Fed Ex domestic flying schedules and I can honestly say I hate all of them. Definently the worst flying I do at my ACMI. Go Fed Ex and UPS for the money, go international ACMI for the better and more interesting flying. I've done pax flying, never again. Never flew for a major, don't care. The pax mission I hate as much as I hate the public, the smurfs, gate agents, non-reving, paying for hotels, flying in a day early, etc. There's always a few good FA's, but the majority of them only serve to add drama to your job.
Pax flying is affected greatly by socio/economic natural/man made conditions. Where I work, when the economy is doing great, so am I. When the crap hits the fan, I do even better. When things go bad for cargo/acmi, pax will soon follow.
It's all a crap shoot, make a decision and get lucky!!

Contractor schedules do not in any way represent the quality and wide variety of schedules available to both ups and fedex pilots. We have our share of tough schedules, but depending on personal preference, we have some pretty darn good ones.