View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 02:48 PM
El Peso
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2019

Part of what Parker said when answering a question about possible furloughs:

"There is a better answer, and an answer that I'd like for us to be able to do. That's what we're going to work to do. It's really important to me. It is a goal not a commitment, a goal that I think is right. If we can't meet that goal we'll let you know as soon as we can what indeed we're going to do instead. But I'm pretty sure we can do it. If we work together to do the things I've said; make sure we raise enough cash, make sure we don't spend any cash we don't need to, make sure we're doing everything we can to get customers flying again we can get through this and not have to do furloughs. That's what I believe and that's what I want to make happen"

He went on to discuss how forty thousand employees have taken voluntary leaves and early retirements, and he plans to keep offering those to help right size us for now.

Look, take it how you want to but I'm sorry, I'm encouraged by this. Could we end up furloughing? For sure. Does it seem that we have a leadership team that's committed to avoiding that? Yes. You can wait for Oct 1st with dread and angst and be miserable, or you can be hopeful and get your financial house as tidy as possible as a precaution.