Thread: Planesense
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 09:42 AM
UnbeatenPath
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by HouseMouse View Post
Not looking for any city in particular. My city is already listed. Just trying to get an idea of how these things work. I'm not in the job hunt yet but am keeping my options open. Do you know what the upgrade time is currently looking like? I see in your previous post you need 1500 total, is that still correct? What about to upgrade to jets?

I'm at around 500 total with 150 more in sim time (I believe most is Class D), and most is multi-engine turbine, but only ~50 PIC. Do you think I would be competitive? I was hoping the Nextant's would stay because I'm typed.
At least until recently you could upgrade right at 1500. Not sure how that'll play out in this environment. To upgrade to the jets you have to hold the seniority. When I left that was around 5 years or so. It might change as they take delivery of more. You might be competitive if that's military time but it might be hard to get in at 500. Most people they hired at 500 left when they hit 1500 for the airlines. Because of that they have been hiring people lately that have higher time so they get fewer people who do it to build time and then leave. The purpose of the Nextants was to start a jet program so that when they got the first PC24 they would have the customers for it. As they reach full steam in the jet program they are phasing out the Nextants.