View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 05:20 PM
ninerdriver
Porco Rosso

Joined APC: Apr 2018

Originally Posted by JonGoodsell764 View Post
It's a bad idea at any point...

The job of the union is to protect and fight for the pilot group. I don't pay dues for them to find me my next job. We're all adults here, find your own job. You aren't owed anything just because you have a big shiny expensive degree, time at the company, or because you fly a contracted out RJ to a mainline partner. If I see someone in an orange lanyard I just assume they are lazy or have too many black marks on their record to progress elsewhere.

What if lets say the 9E and Delta came to some sort of an agreement last August to the effect of a flow. Obviously the pilot group would be giving something up because a flow or 'progression' as we like to disguise it as now, comes at a cost.
Pilot group takes a QOL hit because flow! and orange lanyards!! Now where would the pilot group be? Up shnits creek without a paddle.

The union continuing to push this progression is ridiculous. Our job security and protecting the contract should be a top priority. Take off your goofy lanyard that didn't and never will do anything.
You know that the union pushes progression because the majority of pilots here want the union to push progression, right?

If you have a problem with that, then you should take it up with, y'know, the union.