Thread: K2 vote
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2020, 06:56 AM
somewhereupther
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: B727 CA

Originally Posted by Jetpowered View Post
I apologize if I came across that way. We are all in this together and I do my best to help out any fellow crewmember.
Thanks for taking the time to address my remarks.

i think perhaps the issue that the 737 group is failing to see is that the majority of flying for the 727 guys is adhoc flying, while the 737 guy predominantly fly in the DHL network.

Therefore there becomes the disparity in pay regarding per diem.

Although I understand (as it’s been told to me) the adhoc incentive was put in place to incentivize adhoc to 737 crews who were claiming tiredness as means to not fly adhoc.

You and I can find common ground in th3 following:

1. We are all just happy to be employed during this COVID stuff, and likely with a coming further economic downturn, we will be all grateful to DK for continuing to keep us employed.

2. There is room for improvement at K2 regarding a myriad of things.

What concerns me however is the representation that is the face of the pilot group. I personally don’t think it’s very professional of anyone to openly call their co-workers “idiots” and “morons” in the way a certain individual has. I think the pilot group can do better to find representatives that aren’t so personally hostile towards one another and can maintain professionalism.