Old 05-09-2020, 09:22 PM
BKbigfish
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
I see. And you think Biden is the one to get the economy back? Newsflash, the thing Trump does good is prop up the economy. You want jobs backs and the economy flourishing and your retirement 401Ks to shoot back up? It’s gonna be Trump. Almost all the Trump bashing is on liberal social justice issues and stuff he writes on Twitter and I frankly don’t care for those.
Here’s the thing... the economy and the virus are inextricably tied at this point. In order to have a strong economic recovery, we are going to need a clear and effective plan of how we move forward while not further dividing the country. This is more about restoring consumer confidence at this point than it is about simply opening businesses. You can’t just say “open her up!” and expect everything to go back to normal. Putting out clear and consistent information and unifying the country aren’t exactly Trump’s strong suits. Maybe he’ll turn the corner here and become the great unifier that can lead us out of this but let’s just say I’m not holding my breath.