Old 05-09-2020, 09:44 PM
ShyGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Originally Posted by BKbigfish View Post
Here’s the thing... the economy and the virus are inextricably tied at this point. In order to have a strong economic recovery, we are going to need a clear and effective plan of how we move forward while not further dividing the country. This is more about restoring consumer confidence at this point than it is about simply opening businesses. You can’t just say “open her up!” and expect everything to go back to normal. Putting out clear and consistent information and unifying the country aren’t exactly Trump’s strong suits. Maybe he’ll turn the corner here and become the great unifier that can lead us out of this but let’s just say I’m not holding my breath.
Trump said he’d open states, the left yelled tyranny, king, and 10th amendment. Fine. Now rely on your own Governors to open up your state.

“Restoring consumer confidence.”

Consumer confidence should never have been lost in the first place. 98+% of Americans know (or should know) if they get infected, they’re gonna still live. It’s the ones in that 1-2% that are dying with multiple pre-existing conditions and ones who are old (70+). And yes there have been people under 50 dying from Covid but they are very rare. The way this country has reacted, is like if this was some bubonic plague that has a 90% infection rate and a 60% fatality rate. If that was the case, then a full shut down was warranted. But this Covid is not. 1/3 of all deaths from covid in this country are in nursing home and their workers. And even though African Americans make up 15% overall population, they represent 60% of all Covid fatalities in this country. Yet, the entire damn country is in fear and panic mode. Protect the most vulnerable, let them stay home and quarantined, and let the rest of us get on with our lives.

The bottom line is EVERY single day, CNN and the types play a constant 24 hr coverage of Covid with EVERY single story being doomsday type. Everyday, a new thing to fear. A new statistic. They said when 3,000 died that as many as 9/11 are dead. Then it was as many as Vietnam war are dead. Throwing out useless irrelevant metrics to scare people . It’s to create shock and awe, to turn people against Trump. It’s literally the definition of propaganda. And it rolls everyday, unchecked.

Vaccine. I don’t think we’ll see it. We’ve never had a vaccine for SARS or any virus that spread from China, and to be fair they went away quickly so there was no need. Now we’re rushing at a crazy speed with human trials to get a vaccine for this. God knows what long term unknown consequences we could have from a vaccine that we say works. Picture the opening intro scene of “I am Legend”