View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 08:17 AM
OpMidClimax
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Originally Posted by Phins2right View Post
Ummm no. Incorrect.

The Rt rates are actually < 1 in all but 4 states: KS, ME, NE, MN. I remember 1.5 months ago when you guys where screaming about it, because of what you'd heard from CNN. Speaking of CNN et al. funny how they fail to mention this fact. Hmmmmm. wonder why.

Here's the source:
https://rt.live/

It's regularly updated.

We need to be opened up yesterday. Not contingent upon a vaccine. Enough, this is a flu bug. Nothing more.
I'm sorry, I don't know what your trying to conclude from the data. Yes Instagram made a nice way displaying R naught data, although not sure how they are calculating and what Rt actually is. Yes everything looks great and in the green I see. Great. But what is the interpretation of the data?

I also don't watch CNN, MSNBC, FOX, etc. Infact I haven't watched TV since probably February. As I'm way too busy.

Please don't assume I'm an alarmist or a political person. I work for a global company going through the actual data concerning this particular virion everyday. I wish this was as simple as 8 simple segments of ribonucleic acid made up 14k nucleotides, forming an influenza A virus, but it is far from that. I try to stick to facts as I learn them from my work and my colleagues. I've visited plenty of clinical sites recently and spent plenty of time in a laboratory recently to not jump on every single news story and to try and give factual data.

There will be further transmission and infection hot spots with mobility. There is no way around that without some sort of immunity, acquired or vaccinated. There will be hospitalizations and further deaths. The degree to of which is unknown and really can't be predicted accurately. May be more, but may be less. This is a communal disease.

I can't comment on economic impact of societal decisions or the moral and political implications on any of that. I can't tell you how likely the average business will resume business travel, sales force travel, leisure travel etc.

This has pretty much killed my "retirement" airline career plans. The last thing I want is for this to continue or to worsen. Not only for myself. But my fellow pilots. But, there is also a reality here that has to be accepted.

Last edited by OpMidClimax; 05-11-2020 at 08:46 AM.