Thread: K2 vote
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 10:10 AM
somewhereupther
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: B727 CA

Originally Posted by CA Deplorable View Post
What if the company gave you exactly what the 737 guys have 13/10 with out pocket accommodations at base? Would that have been acceptable? Who is going to give the 727 scheduled routes? If you are a 727 PILOT going to the 737, 13/10 with free room at base will mean a lot once the 727 is parked, probably sooner than later in the current environment. With the level of furloughs coming down the pipe, just speak with your feet before the rush...Atlas, ATI, and Southern are hiring!!
The 737s don’t sit at base very often. (Yes this will change when the B727s are retired, but that’s 4 years out)

I don’t have specific numbers as to how often B737 crews actually sit in base, but in the last 5 rotations I’ve seen maybe 1 737 sitting on the ramp in YIP.

But the entire time I sat my 16 days in the condos (company owned) in YIP back in February, I saw not ONE 737 crew member housed at the (3) condos. There are 9 beds at the condos.

I’d love for any 737 guy to provide the numbers here as to how much ad-hoc sitting they do in YIP.

With most of the 737s flying on behalf of DHL.. well, maybe I just don’t see it with my own eyes.

My grandfather always told me only believe half of what you see..

Maybe a 737 guy can provide legit numbers..