Old 05-14-2020, 11:12 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by BMEP100 View Post
If the “vaccine” is rna engineered, I’m not interested. I like my DNA, just the way it is.
Originally Posted by aldonite7667 View Post
For sure. No way I’m taking a “rushed” vaccine. That’s for the crazies. I’ll get the cold and go about my day. I’m waiting to see where they move the goal after that.
I seriously doubt anyone will propose an RNA vaccine, unless it's a regime like China where they can just order you to take it. But even then, nobody has scaled production up beyond R&D levels. Going to be quicker with more conventional tech.

RNA vaccines are still in the development/study phase, and will likely be utilized at first only for very fatal conditions like HIV, ebola, and cancer. Eventually, if no side effects are observed, they might become available for widespread use.

But they're not going to cause you to grow a third eye, it doesn't tamper with your genetic material, it's just an added strand to make an antigen to whatever virus/bug/cancer it's treating. Kind of like using a stand-alone GPS in an airplane... it's inside the plane but not connected to the plane's systems, not going to cause a stab trim runaway. The side effect risk would be undesirable immune response, so that's what they have to look for in trials.