View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 10:46 AM
VegasChris
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

I haven't heard anything about the program. I don't think they want to furlough us or end the program until October (CARES Act) because we are technically employees as of whatever date we did the tour of SLC or DEN. I don't think we are costing skywest any money and its a good way to keep a hiring pool interested for when hiring starts in months (likely years) from now. I was scheduled for a class in August and I don't think that will be happening, but nothing official yet. I update my hours on the website and log in occasionally even though its down to 5-10 a month at this point.

The other cadet program I am in (for another regional) has told us the program will be dissolved in October.

The school I was at (Hillsboro) ended their tuition program with skywest. I wasn't going to get any of the 17k tuition reimbursement anyways because I did not want to work for the school as an instructor.

Its just a game of hurry up and wait. It was a rush to R-ATP minimums and now its wait until thr economy gets better. I planned my career change with the hurdle of getting hired at ATP minimums. If thats not going to be competitive to get hired I am going to have to re-evaluate if I want to spend time and effort to get more hours or just wait until the shortage is back to get hired at minimums