View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 04:11 AM
DALMD88FO
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: A330 First Officer

Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
Exactly! If we wrote a LOA with furlough restriction without a FM clause it would not apply. If the company did violate it the LOA would no longer be in effect regardless. Just say what you really mean. “I am not willing to take a 20% pay cut to avoid others taking a 100% cut”.
Not to sound like the bad guy, because I have a good amount of time left to try and recoup if we decide to take a 20% paycut, but I have a good many friends here that went through a pretty significant amount of time on furlough during the beginning of their career and as a bonus miss out on the best in industry C2K rates in the process then come back to a BK and the associated fun stuff that goes along with it. So now they are in their last 2-3 years of their career and you want them to take one for the team on the way out also? Tell me, because I know your approx seniority, did you go through the same? I don't want anyone to take a pay cut but I also don't want to be digging out of a hole for the next 15 years again.