Old 05-22-2020, 03:42 PM
opt0712
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012

Originally Posted by Noworkallplay View Post
They are now but were not when the CBA was ratified in 2015. General statement: I love when people compare 5 year old contracts to current contracts that used ours to pattern off of. Plus who cares about just the hourly rate lets look at the whole enchilada. Now don't get me wrong hourly rate is a portion of your compensation but its just a portion. I'm sure the company would be glad to pay us $15 more an hour than any other 757 rate if we are willing to give up the pension. Lets dig deeper. Look at the pattern as future contracts were negotiated off of our late 2014 ratified rates.

10 year Capt pay rate

AA- $287
UA- $279
FDX- $265

Now ask how long and at what longevity does one need to be at to hold those rates even pre covid-19 at UA, DL, and AA. As for UPS they went to a "it all pays the same model". That has its pros and cons also but is a realistic argument to say it may be the best with an operation like theirs which has a much more equally weighted wide body to narrow body count as compared to us at FedEx.
Exactly. There are many a local junior 75 CA sitting RA for $250+ an hour. What Major provides that opportunity under 3.5 years?

Last edited by opt0712; 05-22-2020 at 04:14 PM.